Founded in 1980, Friends of the Theatre (FROTH) serves as a support organization for the University Theatre and its programs, providing members with opportunities to connect with and offer support for our students, faculty, staff, and guest artists. Friends of the Theatre plans and hosts receptions throughout the season and, in addition to enjoying exceptional performances together, members work to encourage broader awareness and appreciation of the KU theatre program throughout the community.
Fundraising by Friends of the Theatre is planned for the benefit of KU theatre students and staff. A $3,000 scholarship is awarded each year to an outstanding theatre student, and FROTH also provides enrichment funds for students and staff members.
For questions about Friends of the Theatre or to request a copy of the FROTH by-laws, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Friends of the Theatre members receive
- Special invitations to receptions with resident artists/faculty and guest artists
- Preview events with behind-the-scenes access
- No service charge on telephone orders
- Free exchange prior to ticketed productions
- Recognition in the program for all mainstage productions
Executive Producer ($500 and above)
- 6 tickets for any of the University Theatre productions during the 12-month membership period
Benefactor ($300 - $499)
- 4 tickets for any of the University Theatre productions during the 12-month membership period
Patron ($200 -$ 299)
- 2 tickets for any of the University Theatre productions during the 12-month membership period